Recently, Opal Tree Solutions sat down with Michelle Sinclair, SAP HR/Payroll Support Manager at Cameron, to discuss her role in SAP
1. What does your company do?
We supply Subsea and Surface equipment to oil extraction companies such as BP, Shell and TOTAL
2. How did you get into SAP?
I was previously a Team Lead in a Shared Service Department where I got heavily involved in the testing of a new SAP implementation and my career escalated from there
3. What does your average day consist of?
Too many meetings and Phone Calls. Multiple emergency fixes and generally putting the world to rights!!
4. What is the biggest challenge in your role?
I would say the biggest challenge is the vast cultural differences across the group, mainly language barriers and different priorities across the many different global locations
5. What do you see as the next big thing in SAP?
Simplicity! Such as HR – Renewal and making tools friendlier to gadget lovers. Mobility is something that has and will take off further
6. What do you see as SAP’s biggest SAP HCM breakthrough in the past 5 years?
Not so much a breakthrough – But the use of ESS, to allow more autonomy and exposure to lower level employees
7. What makes you continue to use Opal Tree Solutions for your SAP Resource?
The lasting relationship of trust and understanding as well as the consultative approach that allows us to make accurate hires